Bluff View

Bluff View

Bluff View is the newest addition to the St. Louis county network of trails. This 12 mile round-trip singletrack trail was started in 2009 and completed in 2018 by GORC and Americorps volunteers. The Bluff View trail features some rocky outcroppings, sustained climbs and descents and beautiful terrain. The trail's namesake will make you stop in your tracks to take in the expansive view of the Meramec river and Crescent Valley. If you know where to look you can pick out hints of the Chubb trail hillsides and a section of the Al Foster.

The Bluff View Trail is a lollipop that connects to the Al Foster Trail and Rock Hollow.  The western half of Bluff View in Rock Hollow (also called Zombie Trail by trail users) can be accessed from the Rock Hollow paved trail. The trail switchbacks up, through, under and around spectacular rock formations.  Bluff View (Rock Hollow/Zombie) weaves in and out of multiple hollows and eventually leads you back to the pavement. Crossing over the pavement leads to the eastern part of BV/RH, which features a 6-switchback climb that gets you up to a high point, and then brings you down through a rock chute and eventually back down to the pavement where you cross back to the eastern side to complete the loop.  Continue on the trail to return back to the trailhead for a 12-mile total round trip.

Between Sherman Park, Al Foster, and now Bluff View, you can assemble a lengthy ride in multiple configurations.


From St. Louis - From I-44 take the Hwy 109 exit and then head north. Proceed 3.0 miles and go right on Old State Road and travel 1/2 mile up the hill before turning right into the Bluff View trailhead parking lot.

Alternate access to Glencoe trailhead:
From St. Louis - Get on I-44 towards Six Flags but exit before you get that far on Hwy 109 heading north, then proceed 3.0 miles and go right on Old State Road then right immediately on Washington Ave/Grand Ave. to the parking lot on your left.

Trail Information

Bluff View Trail
Forum Discussion

Trail Steward(s)




12 miles


Lollipop Loop


Trail Conditions

Latest Conditions

From mcmottl on Sat, 03/16/2019 - 11:04pm - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
80% solid. The remaining 20% is super muddy and deep leaves. Caution on the leaves. Great weekend to be outside! Enjoy!
From rmhchs on Fri, 02/15/2019 - 2:00am - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
2 mile "downhill" from Bluff view has 2 fallen trees and frozen footprints on over 1/2 of ride . . . no fun. Other 8 miles has 8 - 10 washed out trail sections (2 foot wide), LOTS of leaves. Doable but not fast and flowy as it was in Fall.
From mcmottl on Sat, 02/09/2019 - 6:32pm - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
At noon, with 28 degree temps trail was mush. Deep mush. Avoid. The few sections that were still frozen were pitted with foot divots. The trail will need some time to dry and repair.
From Dave6284 on Sun, 02/03/2019 - 6:01pm - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
1st 100yards was ok... Then turned in to thick mud. Had high hopes today.
From rmhchs on Sat, 02/02/2019 - 2:20pm - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
1/2 is fine 1/2 is a muddy mess.
From The Krackheads on Sat, 01/26/2019 - 6:27pm - Bluff View (St. Louis Area)
Was great until 10:45 then went to hell fast.